The copyright and all other rights in the material on this web site are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this web site, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
Information and Availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this web site is accurate and complete, you are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this web site is provided "AS IS" without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
Subscription Terms and Conditions
Your subscription contract will be fulfilled by Selvedge Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under registered number 04953181 whose registered office is at 14 Milton Park, London, N6 5QA
When the subscription contract is formed
When you click "Submit Order" to submit your order online, or you post or telephone us with details of your order, you are making an offer to take out a subscription which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
If placing your order online when you click "Submit Order" you will either see a page or receive an email if you have supplied your email address acknowledging that your order has been received successfully and is being processed, the contract between us is not formed at this point. A legally binding contract is formed on the date we send you confirmation of your order with and payment has been taken.
You will receive this confirmation within 24 hours by email if you supplied an email address. We will not be responsible if you fail to receive the confirmation because you have supplied us with an incorrect email or postal address.
We reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. If we do not accept your order and your credit/debit card has already been debited, we will notify you and refund your card in full immediately.
Right to refuse orders
We reserve the right not to fulfil and to cancel orders:
1. In the event of obvious inaccuracies in prices, except that we may fulfil your order at the correct price;
2. If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card.
We will deliver the magazines to the address you notify to us when you place your order. Please allow up to eight weeks for delivery. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect address. We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed envelopes and their contents without an obligation to refund you or any other person if they are returned to us and despite efforts to contact you we do not receive correct address details.
Delay in delivery and non-delivery
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
1. where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us;
2. where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Prices displayed on the subscriptions section of the website will prevail at all times in relation to orders placed online. Prices quoted on screen include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable) and state the payment method. If you make ongoing Direct Debit payments or continuous credit card payments we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase. Although we try to ensure that all prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible. You will have the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will refund you in full if you cancel the order and have already paid.
Credit Card Payment
If you are under 18 or are not using your own credit/debit card to pay for the subscription, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit card holder before entering the payment details. By clicking "Submit" you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit card holder.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Customers can cancel their subscription at any time. Cancellation of a subscription will result in the time already used prorated on an issue basis, priced at the full single-issue rate of £12.50 or regional equivalent. Partial use of an issue costs the same as if the whole month was used. Partial use of a single issue's subscription is not refunded. With purchases and/or refunds, Selvedge is not liable to refund any external charges that have incurred as a result of the purchase.
Customers with recurring or continuous subscription must contact Selvedge in writing or by email in to terminate their subscription at which point the relevant refund (as above) will be offered.
Missing issues will only be replaced if claimed within three months of publication.
Our liability to you in the event of magazines being lost in despatch shall at our discretion, be limited either to replacement of the missing issues or refund of the cost of the missing issues.
To the extent permitted by law we exclude all other liability to you. Our exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents.
These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Third Party Rights
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or rely upon any provision of them.
These terms and conditions are subject to change.
If you have ordered a subscription for someone else a gift card will be sent to you to pass on to the gift recipient. Once you‘ve placed your gift order, you’ll receive an email acknowledgement within 72 hours (if you gave us your email address). Please allow up to six weeks for delivery of the first subscription issue for both UK and Overseas orders.
(1) From time to time Selvedge Ltd will run subscription offers on its titles for new subscribers which may include incentive gifts.
(2) Gifts are subject to availability and strictly limited on a first come first serve basis
If the magazine ordered changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for, not the term of the subscription.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based.
These Terms and Conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by us in relation to any order placed by you with us.
If you have any queries or comments about your subscription please contact our Customer Care Team:
T:+44 (0)203790 8659
Links to Other Sites
On this web site you may be offered automatic links to other sites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in them, you acknowledge that their owners are independent from us and that we do not accept any responsibility for their content. Selvedge will only link to or feature companies, individuals or brands that share our philosophy and will be of interest to our readers. Selvedge is a member of the Skimlinks affiliate scheme and may, on occasion, receive a commission from sales generated through links to like-minded third parties.
From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this web site. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Since 2004 we have compiled databases through direct contact with our customers at trade fairs, via the sign up form on our website and via sales from our website. We have not or do not plan to acquire a third party database.
If you wish to unsubscribe you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email we send.
The following are trade marks of Selvedge Limited which may be registered in certain jurisdictions: selvedge•••, Selvedge magazine, .
All other trade marks used on this Web Site are the property of their respective owners.
Competition Terms and Conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers.
1. Promotions are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
2. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
3. Selvedge Ltd and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
5. By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
7. It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are specified they cannot be altered.
8. By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on or Selvedge magazine at any time.
9. Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of Selvedge Ltd, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
10. The site's Editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
11. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
12. Selvedge Ltd will not accept responsibility for lost through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
13. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked Competition (NAME) to Selvedge Magazine, 14 Milton Park, London, N6 5QA, within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
As you browse selvedge.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with selvedge.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.