This is Selvedge.org, a website operated by Selvedge Ltd ("Us"). Your use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which you are deemed to have accepted by using the website:
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this website, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
Information and Availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, you are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided "AS IS'' without warranties of any kind. We do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
As you browse selvedge.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with selvedge.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt-out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce or rely upon any provision of them.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions override any contrary terms or conditions published by us in relation to any order placed by you with us. These terms and conditions are subject to change.
The following are trademarks of Selvedge Limited which may be registered in certain jurisdictions: selvedge•••, Selvedge magazine and selvedge.org. All other trademarks used on this website are the property of their respective owners.
Your subscription contract will be fulfilled by Selvedge Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under registered number 04953181 whose registered office is at 14 Milton Park, London, N6 5QA.
When the subscription contract is formed
When you click "Submit Order" to submit your order online, or you post or telephone us with details of your order, you are making an offer to take out a subscription which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. If placing your order online, when you click "Submit Order", you will either see a page or receive an email if you have supplied your email address acknowledging that your order has been received successfully and is being processed, the contract between us is not formed at this point. A legally binding contract is formed on the date we send you confirmation of your order and payment has been taken. You will receive this confirmation within 24 hours by email if you supplied an email address. We will not be responsible if you fail to receive the confirmation, because you have supplied us with an incorrect email or postal address.
We reserve the right not to accept or process your order for any reason. All orders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your payment card issuer. If we do not accept your order and your credit/debit card has already been debited, we will notify you and refund your card in full immediately. When you place a subscription order, you authorise all future automated payments until you cancel the subscription.
Full information of subscription details and differences can be found on the Subscription FAQs page which we ask you to read prior to taking a subscription.
Right to refuse orders
We reserve the right to cancel orders in the following circumstances:
- In the event of obvious inaccuracies in prices, we may fulfil your order at the correct price.
- If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your payment card.
We will deliver the magazines to the address you provide when you place your order. Please allow up to 30 days for delivery. We will not be responsible for failure to deliver the magazines if you have supplied us with an incorrect address. We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed envelopes and their contents without an obligation to refund you, if they are returned to us and if after reasonable efforts to contact you, we do not receive correct address details.
Delay in delivery and non-delivery
We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of magazines in the following circumstances:
- Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment.
- Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our subcontractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utility failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, an act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labour disputes or malicious damage involving employees.
Prices displayed on the subscriptions section of the website will prevail at all times in relation to orders placed online. Prices quoted include delivery charges and taxes (where applicable) and state the payment method. If you make a subscription payment by credit card we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase. Although we try to ensure that all prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible. You will have the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will refund you in full if you cancel the order and have already paid.
Credit Card Payment
If you are under 18 or are not using your own credit/debit card to pay for the subscription, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit cardholder before entering the payment details. By clicking "Submit" you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit cardholder.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Artisan orders are made to order, and are not refundable. Please see Artisan Product Policy for details.
Customers can cancel their subscription at any time prior to the renewal date by contacting us and your subscription will then end with the current subscription period. You must contact Selvedge in writing or by email to cancel your subscription.
Missing issues will only be replaced if claimed within 90 days of publication. If a magazine does not arrive 30 days after it was dispatched, we can send one complimentary replacement once the customer has confirmed the address is correct. If the replacement does not arrive 30 days after it was dispatched, we can send a second replacement, on the condition the customer supplies a different address and is willing to cover the shipping cost. No replacements can be dispatched after 90 days after the original magazine was dispatched.
With purchases and/or refunds, Selvedge is not liable to refund any external charges that have incurred as a result of the purchase.
New Subscriber Gifts
From time to time Selvedge Ltd will run offers for new subscribers which may include incentive gifts. Gifts are subject to availability, strictly limited on a first come first serve basis and need to be ordered separately by the customer after they have placed their subscription order.
If the magazine ordered changes frequency per annum, we will honour the number of issues paid for, not the term of the subscription.
In the event of a missing issue, our liability is at our discretion and is limited to the replacement of the missing issues or a refund of the cost.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all other liability to you. Our exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents.
These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Links to Other Sites
On this website, you may be offered automatic links to other sites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in them, you acknowledge that their owners are independent of us and that we do not accept any responsibility for their content. Selvedge will only link to or feature companies, individuals or brands that share our philosophy and will be of interest to our readers.
From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this website. Each such offer shall be subject to its own terms and conditions and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Event Cancellation Policy
All bookings are non-refundable.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
All workshop bookings are non-refundable.
Artisan Product Policy
Selvedge provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase unique goods from sellers around the world. It is important to note that Selvedge is not a part of any transaction.
By shopping for artisan goods you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Selvedge but from one of the many talented artisan exhibitors; thus, your contract is with the exhibitor.
- Many of the exhibiting artisans rely upon the income generated by sales to support their day to day existence. It is therefore not possible to offer refunds or exchanges and all sales are final. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Selvedge does not guarantee or endorse any items sold at the Selvedge World Fair.
- Artisan exhibitors work within their own particular circumstances. Dispatch times will vary and are displayed on each product page.
- All prices include shipping and are calculated based on your location. We request you turn off your VPN while browsing to ensure that the correct location is recorded. This could adversely affect the prices you see–including the shipping–and could lead to you incurring charges from your bank or credit card provider.
- If you wish to have a product shipped to a different location other than the one you have used to place the order, we request you contact us by email at email@example.com to receive a quote for shipping.
- All packages are shipped on an insured trackable service via either FedEx or DHL. Any customs duties, delayed, lost or undeliverable packages are the responsibility of the customer. Once a package leaves the seller’s hands with a tracking number, the seller has no further obligation to the buyer.
Thank you for supporting the artisans!
Competition Terms and Conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers.
- Promotions are open to persons aged 18 and over.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Selvedge Ltd and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
- By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
- By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent to any publicity generated on selvedge.org, Selvedge Magazine and our social media sites.
- Prize draws are open to all, except employees of Selvedge Ltd, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters’ advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
- The Editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
- Selvedge Ltd will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.