The copyright and all other rights in the material on this web site are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this web site, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
Information and Availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this web site is accurate and complete, you are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this web site is provided "AS IS" without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
Despite our best efforts, products in our drygoods range are occasionally mispriced. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at the correct price or, in the event of being unable to reach you, cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. In these circumstances, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price.
Links to Other Sites
On this web site you may be offered automatic links to other sites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in them, you acknowledge that their owners are independent from us and that we do not accept any responsibility for their content. Selvedge will only link to or feature companies, individuals or brands that share our philosophy and will be of interest to our readers. Selvedge is a member of the Skimlinks affiliate scheme and may, on occasion, receive a commission from sales generated through links to like-minded third parties.
From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this web site. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Selvedge magazine collects and stores information, personal or otherwise, that you voluntarily supply online as part of the Service, including the information you submit via the online subscription form. Selvedge magazine reserves the right to use, and to disclose to third parties, information collected from you while you are using the Service (e.g., your name and address) for a variety of reasons and purposes, such as administration of a subscription and providing users with information about products and services.
From time to time we may invite you to provide us with personal information in order to provide you with services (such as access to our bulletin board, email newsletters and competitions). In order to deliver such services or goods, We will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to our affiliates and to our service providers for processing both inside and outside the European Economic Area.
Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA, but we always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
In the event that we transfer the business which is providing goods or services to you to another supplier, you also agree that as part of the purchase your data may be transferred to the new supplier.
In order to protect your privacy, We are registered in accordance with and seek to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same. However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998.
The following are trade marks of Selvedge Limited which may be registered in certain jurisdictions: selvedge•••, Selvedge magazine, .
All other trade marks used on this Web Site are the property of their respective owners.
Competition Terms and Conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers.
1. Promotions are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
2. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
3. Selvedge Ltd and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
5. By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
7. It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are specified they cannot be altered.
8. By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on or Selvedge magazine at any time.
9. Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of Selvedge Ltd, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
10. The site's Editor's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
11. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
12. Selvedge Ltd will not accept responsibility for lost through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
13. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked Competition (NAME) to Clare Bungey, Marketing Manager, Selvedge Magazine, 162 Archway Road, London, N6 5BB, within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Cancellation of a subscription will result in the time already used prorated on an issue basis, priced at the full single-issue rate of £9.95 or regional equivalent. Partial use of an issue costs the same as if the whole month was used.
Partial use of a single issue's subscription is not refunded.
Missing issues will only be replaced if claimed within three months of publication.
As you browse selvedge.org, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with selvedge.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.