Since the tremendous success of our Kickstarter campaign we have been working hard behind the scenes on the Selvedge World Fair. Thank you again to everyone who has contributed to this ambitious project by way of their time and in hard cash.
Blueprint Wagner, Austria.
Progress so far:
- We have put together a comprehensive set of costings
- Recruited Catherine Harris who will coordinate the exhibiting artisans
- Set up an online application platform
- Designed a site plan
- Put together a stewarding plan
- Put together a risk assessment
- Recruited a funder, Phoebe Walker, who has put together an outset document
- Recruited Sally Fort, who has been commissioned to put together an impact report
- We are working with the charity commission to comply with their regulations
- Recruited support from the World Crafts Council
Aboubakar Fofana, Mali. Photographer, Robert Wright.
Sadly our plans have come to a halt as the Royal Parks have as yet been unable to consider our application made on June 16th 2019. We are currently working to convince the Royal Parks of the validity of the events via a letter writing campaign.
What can you do to help?
- Do you have any contacts who might be willing to support the event by way of a letter? Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions.
- If you have not yet done so please sign up to volunteer at the event here: www.selvedge.org/pages/world-fair
- Do you have any contact or suggestions for potential exhibitors at the event? Please encourage them to sign up here: www.selvedge.org/pages/world-fair
Thank you for your support
image by Tim McLaughlin, Maiwa Handprints Ltd.
Abduljabbar Khatri (left) with his brother Abdullah Khatri, India. Photographer Tim McLaughlin, Maiwa Handprints.