With the Winter Solstice on 21st December promising us longer days ahead, we're making plans for summer.
From block-printing, through apothecary to mask-making we will be running a range of courses with some of the most talented designers and makers we know throughout 2017.
Simply click on the title of the event that interests you to find out more.
Held at the beautiful Chateau Dumas in the South of France, each of these eight courses offers the opportunity to learn, relax and make friends.
- July 15-22, Chateau Dumas: Willow Basketry with Annemarie O'Sullivan, France
- July 15-22, Chateau Dumas, Amanda Saurin, France
- August 05-12, Chateau Dumas: Textiles as Animals with Donya Coward, France
- August 05-12, Chateau Dumas: Blockprinting with Yateley Papers, France
- August 12-19, Chateau Dumas, Gladys Paulus, France
- August 12-19, Chateau Dumas, Textile Collage with Mandy Pattullo, France
- August 19-26, Chateau Dumas: Christina Mayer, France
- August 19-26, Chateau Dumas: Rachel Hazell, France
If the summer, or France, are too far away for you then fear not – we also have a range of courses and workshops on offer in the UK.
- January 14, Darning with Tom Van Deijnen, London
- January 21, Stitched Pictures with Janet Bolton, London
- January 28, Haberdashery Brooches with the Hens Teeth Art, London
- February 04, 11 and 18, Papier-mâché with Julie Arkell, London
- February 4, Goldwork with Hand & Lock
- May 7-11, Spring Residential 5 Day Creative Textile Course: Flax processing, spinning, weaving and natural dying with Susie Gillespie, Devon
- February 25, Paper Sculpture with Jennifer Collier, London
- March 04, Paper Clothing with Jennifer Collier, London
- March 9, Tour at the Royal Opera House, London
- March 25, Kantha with Lynn Setterington, London
- April 01, Curious Embroidery with Becky Adams, London
- April 04, Painting with your needle with Caroline Zoob, Surrey
- April 08, A Jug of Flowers with Caroline Zoob, Oxfordshire
- April 22, Decoupage Sewing Boxes, Lisa Tilley
- May 27-29, Weaving with James Donald, Edinburgh
- 03 June, Haberdashery Needlecases with the Hens Teeth Art, London
- June 17, Behind the Cupboard Door, London
- July 11, Block Printing with Tobias and the Angel, Surrey
- July 14, Block Printing with Tobias and the Angel, Surrey
- July 21, Block Printing with Tobias and the Angel, Surrey
- July 22, Block Printing with Tobias and the Angel, Surrey
Whilst there will only be daylight for seven hours and forty nine minutes on Wednesday, there will be an extra eight hours forty nine minutes of daylight on the June solstice. Plenty to look forward to!www.selvedge.org/events